none
calculate number of calls made to WCF service RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have a service contract with 5 different operation contract and hosted in IIS.

Now suppose I want to charge customer (client) based on number of calls made to our WCF service (hitting different-different operation contract ).

How is it possible to do so in WCF, what settings we need to do in WCF service side?z

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>>Now suppose I want to charge customer (client) based on number of calls made to our WCF service (hitting different-different operation contract ).

Do you mean that you want to know the number that client has called for the different operation contract?

If so, yes, it is possible, we can let these 5 different operations return 5 different tags. For example tag1 means the first operation contract, the tag2 means the second operation contract and son. After that you can compare the return tags in the client side to see which operation contract has been called and add the log number for that operation contract.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:33 AM