Licensing Service RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on validating validating License of my application when my product install.  I have been told that I can write a C++ application to call a licensing web service to validate that.  But I am wondering why I can't write a C# app.  I did some research by myself on the web and found that in the early stages of installation you can not use .NET custom actions.  Is that true?  Can someone provide me more information on that?  Any pointers/help will be highly aprreciated.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 6:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Usually, .NET custom action can only be used in deferred action. But following blog gives instructions about how to create a native custom action to host CLR and load managed assembly.

http://weblogs.asp.net/cibrax/archive/2005/04/11/399839.aspx

Please let me know if it works for you. Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:06 PM
  • Is this issue reoslved? Please let me know if you still have question. Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, December 21, 2009 9:15 AM