Enterprise Library Error RRS feed

• Question

• User-924503612 posted

Hi guyz Im facing issue while configuring my application no a machine. I have an application on 1.1 Framwork and enterprise library 3.0 i.e Jan 2005, after building the applicaton when i run it, it gives me the following error.:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth' does not match the assembly reference.

Source Error:

Line 196:				<add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 197:				<add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 198:				<add assembly="*"/>
    Line 199:			</assemblies>
    Line 200:		</compilation>

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config    Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth
     (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/app
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/app/031ae59e/f09a43e7/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/app/031ae59e/f09a43e7/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/app/bin/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth.DLL.
    WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: NAME

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Can any1 please hhelp  me & tell me how to solve this issue. I have searched alot bt unable to find any solution..

<!-- [FileLoadException]: The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth' does not match the assembly reference. at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) at System.Web.UI.CompilationConfiguration.LoadAssemblies(Hashtable original) [ConfigurationException]: The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Database.Auth' does not match the assembly reference. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config line 198) at System.Web.UI.CompilationConfiguration.LoadAssemblies(Hashtable original) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.AppendConfigAssemblies() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PrepareParse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() at System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) -->
    Monday, July 21, 2008 1:00 PM

All replies

• User-924503612 posted
    Hi guyz, I have found the solution of this problem. Basically dat was an Enterprise Library version prblem. I had older version of library and because of this it was installing the older version of dlls and dat was giving me the version error, dat was found after alot of efforts......
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:56 AM