none
Visual Stdudio Reorts RRS feed

• Question

• Can I use the Dataset Created in VS2008, in VS 2010? If So how can I?

I need the information very urgently. Thanks in Advance.

Monday, June 10, 2013 7:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Gajanan,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

DataSet is a runtime object, what do you mean created it in VS2008, and  use it in VS2010?

If you mean the code, yes, it is OK. And you can just copy it to VS2010, it doesn't produce any errors. If not, please clarify your requirement, thanks.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Gajanan Bhat Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:44 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:21 AM
  • I created a report in Visual Studio 2008. I wanted to use that in my project that was built in visual studio 2010. i wanted to know whether it is possible.  Yes we can use it, But the problem is we should not open the 'filename.rdlc'  in Visual studio 2010. if we open it gives some compatibility errors.

Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by Gajanan Bhat Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:45 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Gajanan,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

DataSet is a runtime object, what do you mean created it in VS2008, and  use it in VS2010?

If you mean the code, yes, it is OK. And you can just copy it to VS2010, it doesn't produce any errors. If not, please clarify your requirement, thanks.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Gajanan Bhat Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:44 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:21 AM
  • I created a report in Visual Studio 2008. I wanted to use that in my project that was built in visual studio 2010. i wanted to know whether it is possible.  Yes we can use it, But the problem is we should not open the 'filename.rdlc'  in Visual studio 2010. if we open it gives some compatibility errors.

Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by Gajanan Bhat Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:45 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:43 AM