none
Need to use the ISA and GS values in the Map RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I need to have a lookup done based on some value in the GS segment , so i need to get them in the map , i am trying to use a multipart message in which i have a separate scheme for ISA and GS segment, Is there any other way to get them in the map.

Friday, July 27, 2007 9:25 AM

Answers

• The following ISA and GS values are promoted individually.

ISA05, ISA06, ISA07, ISA08 and ISA15

GS01, GS02, GS03 and GS08

Furthermore, the whole ISA and GS segment are written to the context as a string.

Hope this helps

Mohsin

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:18 PM
  • Hi, these values cannot be used directly in the map, if u need to access these values in the map then u need to have them in a message.

The out of box standard schemas do not have the Fields to hold the ISA $ GS values, so u need to create a different message in the orchestration. Or

U can set the preserve interchange propriety to true in the party configuration which will preserve the interchange and send the entire message with the ISA & GS segment and then use a multipart message and do the mapping.

Ranadheer

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:18 AM

All replies

• You can get the values from ISA and GS segments from the promoted properties. Several values are promoted to the named properties. Others we have to extract from the properties which include all segment as a string.

Regards,

Leonid Ganeline

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:22 PM
  • The following ISA and GS values are promoted individually.

ISA05, ISA06, ISA07, ISA08 and ISA15

GS01, GS02, GS03 and GS08

Furthermore, the whole ISA and GS segment are written to the context as a string.

Hope this helps

Mohsin

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:18 PM
  • Could these properties then be referenced in a scripting functoid in the map? 

Monday, September 17, 2007 10:20 PM
  • Can you give more examples for everybody?

Thanks a lot.

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:04 AM
  • Do these values need to be put into a separate message in the orchestration in order to be used in a map, or can they be accessed in a map?

Thanks,

Dan

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:37 PM
  • Hi, these values cannot be used directly in the map, if u need to access these values in the map then u need to have them in a message.

The out of box standard schemas do not have the Fields to hold the ISA $ GS values, so u need to create a different message in the orchestration. Or

U can set the preserve interchange propriety to true in the party configuration which will preserve the interchange and send the entire message with the ISA & GS segment and then use a multipart message and do the mapping.

Ranadheer

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:18 AM
  • One option would be to build a pipeline component that duplicates the ISA and GS segments after the ST. So the instance the disassembler would see would look like:

ISA...
    GS...
    ST...
    ISA...
    GS...
    BHT(or whatever is next)

Then alter the EDI schema and build an ISA and GS segment after the ST. The disassembler will treat the ISA and GS as data and not envelope, and the data will be carried into each sub-document.

I haven't done this yet, but its what we had to do in HIPAA V1 to get around the same problem.

It avoids having to use orchestration to augment the message with the original EDI envelope data.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:28 PM
  •  

I am doing this now, though I am just a flat fiel schema to move some data around and when I send off I cant use the EDISEND since its not wrappered by biztalk. So the EDIREcieve doesnt work properly since its expecting its portid back.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:43 PM
  • How to? in orchestration?

"U can set the preserve interchange propriety to true in the party configuration "

Thanks,

Friday, May 16, 2008 12:51 PM