none
Microsoft .NET security warning

Question

• I've been coding an program for my friends on VB 2010 and I've published the program for them and the problem what im running into is that it shows an Microsoft .NET security warning witch stops every function of the program. prntscr.com/cfo433 I've heard that there is an code that makes your program bypass this but all the microsoft links are deleted or not found. What should I do to stop this from happening? is the a code that makes the warning dissapear and make the program functional again in that case could someone link me to a code that will fix this or even type it out for me as im not the greatest at making codes

thanks in advanced
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi sniperfull,

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to the description, has this issue appeared when you run it in Visual Studio in the local machine? If not, I think it is not related with the Visual Studio. If this issue appeared after you published it, I think this may be related to the publish issue. Please share me when this issue occurred.

However, as my understanding, based on the error message, I found that this may be related to the Trust Level of .NET Framework we should change the Minimum Trust Level of the .NET Framework Assembly. Please refer to the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/815147

In addition, the following link has the similar issue as you, you could refer to this link and it may be give you some useful information.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4040206/microsoft-net-security-warning-never-enter-personal-information-or-passwords

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 9, 2016 9:23 AM
  • ive tried the links you've sent me and did some further research and couldn't find anything helpful and i dont have any registry files that are being installed with my program is that why im getting a microsoft .net security warning ?
    if so how do i write a registry file and what do i enter there if i actually have to make a registry file?
    i also want to add that if someone that has installed my program they get that warning but if i release an update and the update is installed the issue dissapears but i need the program to work without me having to update it every time someone installs my program
    Friday, September 9, 2016 6:34 PM
  • Hi sniperfull,

Thanks for your reply.

Just as my above reply, if you create a new simple project and publish it to other computer. After they installed the program, to observe whether this issue occurs again.

If this issue not occurs, this issue may be not related to Visual Studio, and be caused by your project.

If this issue occurs, this issue may be related to the VS. Please share me a detailed step that could help me to repro your issue in my side.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 12, 2016 5:17 AM
  • Hi sniperfull,

Please feel free to let us know your latest result, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Monday, September 19, 2016 9:44 AM
  • Ive been trying to figure out what the problem was and i figured it out i needed to have a Certificate witch i now have but the issuer name is my personal PC name ive tried making new ones but if i make one it says that the certificate isnt valid for *code signing * witch i need to publish the program with that certificate now i need a way to make or get the code signing to be valid on my certificate as i dont want the publisher to show up as my PC name 
    Monday, September 19, 2016 8:17 PM
  • Hi sniperfull,

Would you please share me which type project you have created? Winform or Web Application?

Sincerely,

Oscar

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:42 AM
  • its a Windows Form  application that if you click on a certain button it displays another form with a browser in it witch is showing a certain page
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:06 PM
  • Hi sniperfull,

You issue may be related to publish and click once. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks for your understanding!

Sincerely,

Oscar

Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:09 AM
  • Hi sniperfull,

>>"i figured it out i needed to have a Certificate witch"

Yes, a Certificate is required when you want to get rid of security warning. But you also need to config your Certificate  as Trusted Publishers.  Steps below are for your reference.

1, you must always sign the ClickOnce deployment and application manifests with a publisher certificate.
    2, the certificate used to sign a ClickOnce application must be configured in the Trusted Publishers certificate store on the user's machine.
    3, the certificate authority that issued the certificate must be configured in the Trusted Root Certificate Authority certificate store on the user's machine.

For more information, link below is for your reference.

Configuring ClickOnce Trusted Publishers

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, September 24, 2016 9:25 AM
  • But my question is how do i make a certificate that is valid for code singing thats my problem as thats what i need otherwise it shows an error  
    http://prntscr.com/cmpvbd
    Monday, September 26, 2016 9:28 PM
  • Hi sniperfull,

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue may be related to Publish and Click Once development I suggest you had better repost a new thread to the following forum for a professional answer. Thanks very much.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winformssetup&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Sincerely,

Oscar

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:22 AM