none
stiff differential equations RRS feed

• Question

• how can i solve stiff diffrential equations in C#? is there any library or ready code like ode23s or ode15s in MATLAB? thanks for your help!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

As far as I know that the class VariableOrderOdeSolver solves stiff and non-stiff ordinary differential equations. The algorithm uses higher order methods and smaller step size when the solution varies rapidly. 

OSLO is a .NET and Silverlight class library for the numerical solution of ordinary differential equations (ODEs). The library enables numerical integration to be performed in C#, F# and Silverlight applications. OSLO implements Runge-Kutta and back differentiation formulae (BDF) for non-stiff and stiff initial value problems.

The document also provides some sample using C# language, I hope that it would be helpful for you.

For more information, please see the Open Solving Library for ODEs .

Best Regards,

Hart

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

As far as I know that the class VariableOrderOdeSolver solves stiff and non-stiff ordinary differential equations. The algorithm uses higher order methods and smaller step size when the solution varies rapidly. 

OSLO is a .NET and Silverlight class library for the numerical solution of ordinary differential equations (ODEs). The library enables numerical integration to be performed in C#, F# and Silverlight applications. OSLO implements Runge-Kutta and back differentiation formulae (BDF) for non-stiff and stiff initial value problems.

The document also provides some sample using C# language, I hope that it would be helpful for you.

For more information, please see the Open Solving Library for ODEs .

Best Regards,

Hart

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:50 AM
  • Dear Hart
    Thanks for your help, I really Appreciate it.
    Good luck!
    Sunday, October 29, 2017 6:13 PM