Manage Wireless Networks

Question

• I've been able to manually configure a connection to a wireless network (that required a specific security encryption and other options to be set) but how does one go about managing said wireless network(s) in the Network and Sharing Center.  With Windows 7 in the Network and Sharing Center there is an option to the left called Manage Wireless Networks that allows the user to add, edit and remove wireless network settings.  Where has this gone?!?!
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:52 PM

All replies

• In the Network and Sharing Center you should see a link to "Set up a new connection or network". Click that and then choose "Manually connect to a wireless network". You will have security and encryption options available there.

Is that what you were trying to find?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the response, Rich.  That's actually what I already found and how I was able to add the network.

What I'm looking for is the menu where you can edit/remove the wireless networks that you've already configured.  In Windows 7 you could use it to reorder the connection preference as well.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:19 PM
  • Bumping - really curious about this.  Any word if it'll make it into later builds?
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:51 PM