none
I need some serious help? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having trouble updating my laptop. I'm running the 1809 version now and when I went to try and update to the 1903 version things have gone on a downward spiral. I have done a complete dump and reset with no luck and if anybody would like to give this a shot It would be greatly appreciated, thanks.....

Friday, July 12, 2019 12:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to fix unexpected errors installing Update using Windows Update.
    1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Under the "Get up and running" section, select the Windows Update option.
    5. Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

6. Click the Apply this fix option (if applicable).
    7. Continue with the on-screen directions.
    8. Restart your computer.

Once you complete the steps, in the "Windows Update" settings page, click the Check for updates button to continue with the upgrade to version 1903.

In the case that Windows Update isn't working because of a networking issue, you may need to use the Network Adapter troubleshooter, under the "Find and fix other problems" section, in the "Troubleshoot" settings page to resolve the problem automatically.

Before installing the update, perform the following actions:
    1. Make Sure that you have enough free disk space (at least 32GB) before installing the update.
    2. Download and install the latest Servicing stack update for Windows 10 version 1809.
    3. Remove all external storage media, such as USB drives and SD cards. Also remove any USB connected devices that you don't need. (e.g. USB Printer, USB Wireless Mouse or Keyboard Receiver, USB Wireless Network Card, etc.).
    4. Temporarily disable or completely uninstall any 3rd party antivirus or security program from your system.
    5. If you have enabled the Developer Mode on your system, then proceed to disable and uninstall the Windows Developer Mode, until you install the update. 

Best regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 12, 2019 6:06 AM
  • Do you recieve any error messages? Does logs have WU entries with failure messages / error codes?
    Friday, July 12, 2019 6:48 AM