TFS Integration with SoapUI Automation Scripts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm new to TFS and MTM.  As per my project immediate need is, I need to perform the following.

1. Develop automation scripts for REST APIs using SoapUI tool

2. Integrate with TFS

3. Generate Report.

4. Also do the continuous integration.

FYI. I have done similar kind of integration with HP ALM, where I wrote VBScript to run soapUI using commandline approach and upload/Post the results in HP ALM during the execution (VAPI-XP Test). Infact all my scripts are stored in HP ALM itself.

Can you please help me, how to perform similar thing using TFS/MTM with the code.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Tejeswara

Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you let me know what version of TFS are you using? Or are you using Visual Studio Online?

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 28, 2014 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

Suppose you are using VSO. If so, there are REST APIs available provided for Visual Studio Online, see: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2014/05/12/a-new-api-for-visual-studio-online.aspx

It is already possible for you to use REST API to work on creating test plan, test cases, and running test cases. See: http://www.visualstudio.com/integrate/reference/reference-vso-test-overview-vsi

Thanks. 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Cece Dong Monday, August 4, 2014 3:33 AM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 8:42 AM
  • Is this possible using Visual Studio 2013 and TFS?
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:06 PM