No more intellisense?

Question

• After VS 2012 Update intellisense of XAML Editor is not working well. For me efficient working is very important but at this time I am very disappointed about VS 2012.

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:31 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Friday, November 30, 2012 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

I have not got you point.

Here is the intellisense screen shot in my computer:

If you have any more questions about Windows Store App, please ask the question here: Windows Store apps .

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Elegentin Xie
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 3, 2012 8:57 AM
  • Whenever I have Intellisense issues, I can usually fix it by forcing visual studio to re-figure out everything by deleting the Intellisense file. In 2008, it was the .ncb file, in 2010 it is the .sdf. Not sure what it is in 2012, but its worth a shot?

(Just so we don't screw up anything, backup any of the files you are going to delete).

Monday, December 3, 2012 4:38 PM
  • After VS 2012 Update intellisense of XAML Editor is not working well. For me efficient working is very important but at this time I am very disappointed about VS 2012.

Same for me. After installing Update 1 (November 2012) Intellisense stops working in XAML editor.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:01 PM
  • >I have not got you point.

And this is screenshot from my computer after installing Update 1:

No intellisense...

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:08 PM
  • Hi Stephan\Ivanhoe

Thanks for reporting this issue. Can you please get in touch with directly at harikm@microsoft.com. I would like to investigate this further and get this issue resolved.

Regards

Hari

Dev@Mic

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 5:56 PM
  • I think the Problem was not the VS 2012 update. In my case intellisense came back after deinstalling the power tools.

Regards

Stefan

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:43 PM
  • That's pretty interesting. I will give that a try from my end.

Also we have been working with Ivan on this issue. There is an issue in Update 1 where if you reference an assembly[targeting the full profile] from a wpf application that targets the client profile, intelliSense stops working. The fix for this has been put into the next visual studio update.

Current workaround is to make the application project target the full profile.

Dev@Mic

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:41 PM