none
Calculating Folder Size in SharePoint

Question

• I'd like to keep a running total of the size of a folder in a SharePoint document library. I am attempting to do this by modifying the view, then going to Totals>Folder Size> Sum and Name>Count

I would expect for a line at the top of the library to then "sum" the numbers in the 'File Size' column, but nothing appears up there. Is there a better way to achieve this?

Thank you! 

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Here is the link 

http://www.coryretherford.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=95

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:48 PM
  • Hello

You can use SQL Query to count the folder Number.

select * from alldocs where DirName='sites/Office Connector/Shared Documents' and TYPE=1 

Type=1 means the object belongs to folder type. 

Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:31 AM
  • Thank you -- I have viewed that post before, and I have followed the steps. I'm looking for help troubleshooting, because the sum row is not appearing at the top of the list as it is supposed to. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm using the modern list view instead of the classic one. 
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:02 PM
  • Hi srashh,

From your description, whether you use new experience in SharePoint online?

Per my test, I can reproduce your condition in SharePoint Online with new experience.

Item Totals feature available only in classic mode, it is by default.

For more information, refer to the official article:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Differences-between-classic-and-new-experiences-for-lists-and-document-libraries-30e1aab0-a5cc-4363-b7f2-09e2ae07d4dc

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by sraschh Friday, April 14, 2017 3:17 PM
    Friday, April 14, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Yes, I am in the modern list experience, and from that article it looks like it just won't work. Interesting that it's still even an option...

Thanks for the feedback! 

Friday, April 14, 2017 3:17 PM