none
Using LINQ to SQL to populate image, filepath method RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon all, a little puzzler for you.

I have a sql table that contains an AccountId and an AccountLogoFilePath (the images are stored in a folder rather than in the table itself).

How would I go about using LINQ to SQL in populating an image using this file path method (in c#)

I've done something similar in SSRS so I am asusming something along those lines is possible?

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:49 PM

Answers

• Good afternoon!

Welcome to LINQ to SQL forum!

To be honest, I do not quite understand your scenario.  If you the AccountLogoFilePath is stored as string values in LINQ to SQL, we can directly use .NET Drawing APIs like Image.FromFile to load the images. 

Could you please provide us with more detailed information about your scenario?

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:42 AM

All replies

• Good afternoon!

Welcome to LINQ to SQL forum!

To be honest, I do not quite understand your scenario.  If you the AccountLogoFilePath is stored as string values in LINQ to SQL, we can directly use .NET Drawing APIs like Image.FromFile to load the images. 

Could you please provide us with more detailed information about your scenario?

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

I temporarily close the case by marking my reply as the answer.  If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:18 AM