Multiple boot with XP

Question

• Is it possible that Windows 8 does not recognize XP for booting.

After installing the developer preview I got the new boot screen with only W 8 and W 7.

I forced in windows 7 an entry for XP with easybcd, and have again the win 7 boot with

the 3 systems (win 7 twice!).

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:23 PM

Answers

• Try making Windows 7 (or XP) be your default OS.  I believe that this may revert to the old boot loader which should recognize all three of your systems.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Choosing WIndows 7 as the default OS (at least using the System control panel - Advanced system settings) results in the Windows 7 boot loader. I suggest you try that.

Moreover, than you should be immune to bugs in Windows 8 boot loader or incompatibility, because you will be using stable code.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:33 PM

All replies

• Try making Windows 7 (or XP) be your default OS.  I believe that this may revert to the old boot loader which should recognize all three of your systems.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Choosing WIndows 7 as the default OS (at least using the System control panel - Advanced system settings) results in the Windows 7 boot loader. I suggest you try that.

Moreover, than you should be immune to bugs in Windows 8 boot loader or incompatibility, because you will be using stable code.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:33 PM