locked RRS feed

• Question

• User-1660076431 posted

heY  Guys, I have just downloaded the starter website but unfortunately the aspx and aspx.cs files, actually all files, have a lock notation besides them and I don't know how to crack this open, any ideas??

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:55 AM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

you run the .vsi file you downloaded. This'll create a new template of which you can create a project from. So don't unzip the file, just run the .vsi, open visual studio, create new project or new web site (probably the last one), choose the starter kit template and create your project out of it.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:36 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

and welcome to the ASP.NET forums.

Where do you see those locks? In the tab above the actual code file when you open them? If so you're probably using Visual Studio 2008. Normally you should be able to just edit these files. Just give it a try and then press F5 to run them in debug mode.

Grz, Kris.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:25 AM
  • User-125547262 posted

Looks like the project was under source control. Go to  file -->source control.--> change source control and unbind it in VS.NEt

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:28 AM
  • User-1660076431 posted

i SEE THE locks on the tabs for the respective files, above the code, for ....I am using Visual Studio 2005. Okay tell me exactly what did u guys do after downloading the starter kit website, I have simply run the zip file and uploaded the content in a folder. In the folder are several .aspx and .aspx.cs files, and if I click on any of these they directly open up in visual studio 2005  but have a lock image alongside the file tab. Basically, I think I will be able to manage if u  guys let me know how u must have opened up your website

And thanks a lot, real quick response man!!!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:41 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

you run the .vsi file you downloaded. This'll create a new template of which you can create a project from. So don't unzip the file, just run the .vsi, open visual studio, create new project or new web site (probably the last one), choose the starter kit template and create your project out of it.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:36 AM
  • User-1660076431 posted

all write....but I can't find any .vsi file..I mean I downloaded the starter kit and upon opening the folder, all I see is a lot of files with .aspx and .aspx.cs files, u know all the website files as such, bt on clicking any of these it still opens up with the lock intact, I am a newbie..so plz excuse the ignorance..thanks Jeev and Kris!!

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:45 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

no problem. Where did you download it from? If you get it via the official way it's a .vsi file that you download and run (be sure to click finish or else the installation doesn't begin. It got me confused in the beginning so here's a free tip [;)]).

You can download it from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/cc533486.aspx. The way you get there is click on the Downloads tab and there choose  Starter kits and community projects. In that list you can choose the personal starter kit (with a download link that goes to the aformentioned link).

Grz, Kris. 

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:15 AM