Problem migrating VS2008 isolated shell app to VS2010. VSCT compiler path problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am converting a VS2008 isolated shell app over to VS2010. The 1st step was to install VS2010 and simply get the existing solution and projects converted so that they would compile under 2010.

I got all the C# projects converted - there were some conversion errors but nothing I could not figure out. I am running into a wall with the C++ ShellUI project.

The problem boils down to an embedded space within a path issue. The compiler error I get is

======================== from log ==========================
    1>Using "BuildVSCT" task from the task factory "XamlTaskFactory".
    1>Task "BuildVSCT" (TaskId:16)
    1>  'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, (TaskId:16)
    1>  operable program or batch file. (TaskId:16)
    1>   (TaskId:16)

1>  F:\VobImages\DALEVINE_vDTC_DAL_5\VSX_AppFramework\Development\IDE\Source\RA_Shell\RA_ShellUI>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin\vsct.exe"  /D_CTC_GUIDS_ /D__CTC__ -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\\Include" -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Inc" -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Inc\office10" -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Inc\AppEnvInc" "RA_ShellUI.vsct" "Debug\RA_ShellUI.cto  (TaskId:16)

======================== from log ==========================
    As can be seen (bold), it looks like the leading quote was left off the arguments.

I believe the problem stems from within the VSCT.buildrule file.  I got one conversion warning on this file: "Semicolon is the only supported separator in MSBuild. Usage of any other separator for Custom Build Rule string properties is invalid after conversion."

The content of the buildrule file looks like this:

CommandLine=""$(VSSDK90Install)VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin\vsct.exe"  /D_CTC_GUIDS_ /D__CTC__ -I"$(WindowsSdkDir)\Include" -I"$(VSSDK90Install)VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Inc" -I"$(VSSDK90Install)VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Inc\office10" -I"$(VSSDK90Install)VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Inc\AppEnvInc" "$(InputName).vsct" "$(IntDir)\$(InputName).cto""

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:39 PM

Answers

All replies