Hosting Workflow Services in IIS with Service Bus endpoints RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to Host WF (WorkFlow) Services in IIS with Service Bus Endpoints - I managed to get Wades sample to work with no problems whatsoever but what ever I try I cannot expose a Workflow service as a service bus endpoint.

Basically I create a new Workflow Service Activity (.xamlx), add a simple sequence, then expose the service as a .svc endpoint:

<%@ ServiceHost Service="MyActivity.xamlx" Factory="System.ServiceModel.Activities.Activation.WorkflowServiceHostFactory,System.ServiceModel.Activation,Version=4.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" %>

I have then taken Wade's web.config and amended it so that it references my .svc.

Finally I then host within IIS and configure the service so that it AutoStarts using the instructions Wade outlines in his blog.

Right-click service, Manage WCF and WF Services, Configure, Auto-Start, Custom.
    Services, right-click service (.svc not .xamlx), Configure, Auto-Start, Enable

When I browse to my servicebus endpoint (xxx.servicebus.windows.net) nothing is discovered.

When I view the endpoints for the Service in IIS (under Services, right-click service, View Endpoint (for the .svc)) there is only one endpoint and that is the default endpoint created for a workflow service, i.e. a namedPipe. When I view the endpoints created for Wade's service the relay endpoints are available.

Can anyone shed any light into what I am doing wrong???

Thanks
    Richie
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 2:59 PM

Answers

All replies