none
One publisher (2008R3 and two(Multiple) subscriptions 2014 and 2016 Sp1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts 

Currently I have transaction replication 2008R8(server A)  to 2014 pull subscription on 2014 (Server B).

Please note distribution database configured on Server B( subscriber site). This has configured initialisation using backup and restore to subscribers

Tt's working fine.

Now I need to configure other subscriptions(Server B 2016 SP1 ) using same publisher Server A(2008 SP3). I need to configure other separate distribution server for Server C itself and use pull subscriptions.

Finally two distribution DBs on Each subscribers. Is that possible to achieve? Please note adding new sub Server C, will that impact to Server B (subscriptions) 

I am not sure  can we do one publisher and two subscribers.  If anyone know any  guide lines 

please note I need to do through initialisation using backup 

many thanks

• Edited by ashwan Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:38 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:11 AM

All replies

• Server A can only use one distributor. Server C will use the distributor on Server B.
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Hi ashwan,

>> Finally two distribution DBs on Each subscribers. Is that possible to achieve?

No,as Hilary mentioned, a publisher can not have multiple distributor. Each Publisher can be assigned to only a single Distributor instance, but multiple publishers can share a Distributor.

>> I am not sure  can we do one publisher and two subscribers

Yes,one Publisher can have multiple Subscribers.

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:19 AM