none
OWA develop query RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

We would like to know whether there is a way to achieve below requirement?

------ When we try to create a new email in OWA, we would like to have 3 options for us to select, for example option 1, option 2 & option 3 in the new message window.  

Note: these options should only available when we write the message

------- If possible, can we customize 3 transport agent to associated with these 3 options

Appreciate for your kind help:)

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 6:58 AM

All replies

• can anyone share any idea about this query? Thank you.
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:38 AM
  • From what I know there's a file called, basiceditmessage.aspx located "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\Owa\forms\basic"

Not 100% sure but it worth looking at it.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 4:07 AM
  • You haven't given any details of the version of Exchange your running? 

I would suggest you look at using a Compose Mail Addin https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/exchangedev/2014/03/27/customizing-the-compose-experience-with-mail-apps-for-outlook/ this is the only really supported method of doing OWA customization from 2013 and up.

As far as Transport Agent go you can do what you like with a transport Agent its processing the Message once its been sent and in the Transport Pipeline

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:43 AM
  • Thanks for your suggestion.

Our Exchange version is Exchange 2016. In this situation if we develop a new Outlook Add in for this one, how can we associate it with transport agent?

Monday, January 22, 2018 2:09 AM
  • You don't associate it with a transport agent what you can do is set a property in your Addin eg set a X-Header in the Message in the Addin. When the Transport Agent comes to process that message it can see your X-Header and take whatever code path you want from there.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:48 AM
  • Dear Glen,

Thank you so much for your time.

I have one small query related to add X-header in the Add-in need your kindly help. As in this add-in, we will define 3 options, each option has their own restriction.

Question 1: shall we define 3 X-headers for each option

Question 2: As this is used for emails sending out, will Exchange detect the message header for outgoing message also? Previously, I thought transport agent will only see X-header for incoming message.

Best regards,
    Shelly

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:37 AM
  • 1) 3 X-header would work but X-Headers are Key/Value pairs so you can have 1 X-header with as many combination of values as you like.

2) Transport Agents process All email Internal and External , so whatever you put into the Message at send will be there regardless

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:18 AM
  • Dear Glen,

Thank you very much for your explanation. The first question is quite clear now, we can create one X-header and define 3 values for different options.

For the second question, I understand that Transport agent is able to process for both internal and external messages. I was wondering, because normally we are unable to get message header for emails sent out, we can only check the message header information for messages we received. Will this be an issue if we are using X-header for filtering?

Best regards,
    Shelly

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:42 AM