none
Unable to create Win32 Console Application

Question

• Hi,

I am using the Visual Studio Community 2015(Version 14.0.24720.00 Update 1) and running Windows 10. For somehow I cannot create a Win32 Console App, the New Project windows will just staying open when I choose the Win32 Console Application. There should be a "Win32 Application Wizard” window pop-up after I click OK...however, it didn't happen.

I was wondering if there are any solutions to this problem...I've already installed everything Visual C++ need, but do I also need to install the Windows 10 SDK ?

Thank you,

Friday, April 01, 2016 10:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Calvin_0914,

Do you get this problem after installing Visual Studio 2015 Community or after using for a while?

The latest update for VS2015 is Update 2 now, I suggest you install the latest Update to check whether this issue can be fixed firstly.

Then if the problem occurs after using for a while, please try reset\repair your Visual Studio to check whether there has any settings and something broken in Visual Studio installtion causes this issue.

And then run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode with "Devenv.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

If this problem occurs after installing, there may be something wrong when installing your Visual Studio. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

In addition, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, April 04, 2016 3:15 AM