none
Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor driver RRS feed

Answers

• not a wdk issue. this driver is installed by VS

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Lunicmax,

You could refer to this link for Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor driver: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh706202%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

By the way, this forum is about Visual Studio Setup and Installation, as your issue is related to Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor driver, I help you move this case to the Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum for dedicated support: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=wdk

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:12 AM
  • not a wdk issue. this driver is installed by VS

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:37 AM
  • @ Doron Holan,

Thank you for reminding me that this driver is installed by VS.

And After testing, I found that this driver is installed with Visual Studio 2012. So could you please help me move this case to Visual Studio Setup and Installation again?

@lunicmax,

I tested this issue on my machine, and after installing the Visual Studio 2012 Professional, I found the “SensorsSimulatorDriver.dll” locates at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\UMDF

And I found the property of this dll, you could see the following picture below, so if you want to install the Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor driver, I suggest you install the Visual Studio 2012:

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:11 AM