none
ccf:// action url not working in 2009RTM RRS feed

• Question

• We have a demo that uses the ccf:// url to fire an action on another hosted application. However since upgrading to 2009RTM it seems to have stopped working. I have tried using the url as a normal hyperlink, postbackurl on an ASP.Net LinkButton and as the OnSave action of a CRM form (using document.location javascript). Each of these simply shows an error page and the action is not fired. The action works as I have tested it with the CCFDebugger app.

A quick response on this would be appreciated.

Just to note the ccfctx:// url appears to work fine.

Thanks
    Mark
    Monday, May 4, 2009 5:25 PM

Answers

• This turned out to be an issue with the application name.
    For example the format ccf://<targetapp>/<action>?<data>, requires that the targetapp name not contain spaces..
    thus, 
            ccf://Script Wizard Controller/moveNext fails
    and 
            ccf://Script_Wizard_Controller/moveNext' works

MattB.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:46 PM

All replies

• On further investigation the url that gets passed to BeforeNavigate is "res://ieframe.dll/unknownprotocol.htm#ccf://...." so it is obviously not handling ccf://.

Mark
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:16 AM
  • I've managed to work around the issue using an adapter and firing the action from BeforeNavigate.

However, I have noticed another issue! We use HostedWebApplication.IsNavigating to wait for any navigation to complete before getting values from the screen. When I return false from BeforeNavigate after firing my action, IsNavigating returns true and continues until I time it out. I can get around it by casting the TopLevelWindow of the HostedWebApplication to a WebBrowserExtended and using it's IsBusy property, but I am not sure if this is an acceptable way of waiting for the web page to fully load.

Thanks in advance
    Mark
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:04 PM
  • On this.. Iv Run a quick, local test on RTM and sp1... this is working...  to validate  it should look like :
    ccf://<targetapp>/<action>?<data>  so  a href button version of this would look like : <a href="ccf://WEBTEST/TEST?Somedata"> TestAction </a>

is that what your using?
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:07 PM
  • I have tried using a href, PostbackUrl on an asp Linkbutton and document.location in a javascript function and they are all failing with 'The webpage cannot be displayed'.
    I've also tried without an adapter (I'm using an automation adapter on this app) with the same result.

The actual url is 'ccf://Script Wizard Controller/moveNext' (there is no data to required) and it worked fine in CCF 2008 as the PostbackUrl. I've tried with spaces encoded as well with no success.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:37 PM
  • Ok, CCF is doing a pattern patch on the URL to make a decision on what to do with it.
    its failing the pattern match, which is why its passing it on to the browser, and your getting the IE Error.
    try 2 things please

first add in a ?blank to the end of the URL and give it a go to see if CCF processes it.

Second, try to issue the command via the debugger.

Let me know how it goes..

-       MattB

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:56 PM
  • MattB, thanks for your response

I have tried your suggestion of the ?blank and this made no difference.

The action runs fine from the debugger.

I have also tried creating an action for the hosted web app to navigate to the ccf:// url with the same result.

It's very confusing that ccf:// fails whereas ccfctx:// works
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 7:42 PM

• This turned out to be an issue with the application name.
    For example the format ccf://<targetapp>/<action>?<data>, requires that the targetapp name not contain spaces..
    thus, 
            ccf://Script Wizard Controller/moveNext fails
    and 
            ccf://Script_Wizard_Controller/moveNext' works

MattB.
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:46 PM