none
.DOT crash word 2016 but works fine in word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, We have some existing .DOT word templates files.

If i open them with Office 2010 I can see the template content.

When opening them with Office 2016, the WINWORD process memory is increased to 2GB and crash.

By opening, im not talking about the interop COM objects, I am talking about opening them with the office original application.

Can i send somewhere the DOT files to investigate ? Is this a bug in my DOT files ? maybe a bug in word ?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:45 PM

All replies

• Did you try to create .dot files using Word 2016? Check if Word 2016 crashes with all .dot files or just specific .dot files.

PS: I think you could post here for further support.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:10 PM
  • Hi ilan.sch,

First I want to confirm with you in which version of word the .dot files you created ?

you can try to save as the file as .dotx and again try to open using word 2016.

what are you doing in that templates? and how much memory it consume when you try to open it in word 2010.

you can also show us the content and code of the file here. you can paste the code in code block and you can upload the snapshots of the templet.

if you want to share a demo file to test then you can use free file sharing websites and paste the link here so that every community member can access the file and if they find something wrong in your file they can give you appropriate suggestion.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:02 AM