How can I separate similar columns in different subsites? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a subsite (SubNew) from another subsite (SubOld) in MOSS2007 but now have the problem that changes in library columns of SubNew also change these columns in SubOld. I tried to rename the columns in each library but whenever I update one site column, either in SubOld or SubNew, the other one is changing as well.

As I cannot just delete the columns and create new ones, as then my filtered views would go lost (see other question) I have no solution for this problem. Can anybody help?

Thanks a lot.

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hello,

What method did you use to create the subsite?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow - SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:07 PM
  • Tom, I used the Office SharePoint Server Publishing feature provided by Microsoft sharepoint: if activated go to site actions - manage content and structure and copy the subsite to another location. I can change and rename columns in each library but as soon as I change the column via site-columns in any copied or original site, all individual changes in all libraries will be replaced. 
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:12 PM