Spec Explorer Crashes: using Guid as a parameter in cord file RRS feed

• Question

• i have a model whcih has a rule with signature:

static AppDefinition CreateApp(TypeOfApp appType, Version appVersion, Guid appID)

in the Cord file in Main Config i defined the following abstract method for this rule:

action abstract static bool AppTestModel.InstallApp(TypeOfApp appType, Version appVersion, Guid appID);

it builds successfully, when i try to explore the model it says "Object Reference is not set to an instance of object". and in the errors i get

undefined type reference 'Version'

undefined type reference 'Guid'.

Both of these are managed types, and how can i make use of them in the cord file?

Thanks,

anirudh

Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi, I have reproduced your issue successfully, i think the root cause is that you did not write "using System" and other necessary namespaces in your cord.

Monday, August 22, 2011 4:06 AM

All replies

• Hi anirudh,

there are restrictions for allowed rule method parameter types - beyond managed types. This might be the problem here. In your case I hope you can replace the GUID-type with a normal string "appID" and convert it in the test adapter :

Guid guid = new Guid(appID);

Hope this helps

Friday, August 12, 2011 10:47 AM
  • Hi, Anirudh,

Can you share your model code and cord here? I am a little confused because your rule returns AppDefinition, but the corresponding action returns a boolean value.

What is the constraint that you applied on appID?

Thanks,
    Xiang

Monday, August 15, 2011 8:31 AM
  • Hi, I have reproduced your issue successfully, i think the root cause is that you did not write "using System" and other necessary namespaces in your cord.

Monday, August 22, 2011 4:06 AM
  • Thanks Xiang for the help, i was able to get around with this issue after including the relevant namespaces. Ideally it should have prompted during compilation, shouldn't it?
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:24 PM
  • Anirudh, yes, ideally it should, but since cord editor is not very mature at current stage, we still require users to import the relevant namespaces manually.

But thanks for reporting this, I will regard your issue as a feature request for cord, and keep you update if we implement that feature in the future.

Friday, January 6, 2012 2:45 PM