How to create a metro app for alarm clock

Question

• How to create a alarm clock just like on the android or ios ?

I do not write ios code ,just on android.

In Android , we know that a service runs at the background and starts a acitvity at the appointment time with the notification such as a loud audio ,  the users also can choose dismiss or snooze the alarm clock.

But in metro app , we can not scheduled a task at the appointment time but register a system event or scheduled a toast which can not include our custom code.

And we also swith our metro app to foreground from background.

By now, I can only sheduled a notification at the appointment , but I can not sheduled a task with my custom code at the appointment time, event if I can scheduled a task at the appointment , i also can not start my alarm clock for providing choice to the user  with my background task code.

pls give me a suggestion that how can I create a alarm clock just like on the android ?

• Edited by famingyuan Saturday, August 4, 2012 1:49 AM
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 1:49 AM

Answers

• Scheduled notifications are the appropriate way to do this.

There is deliberately no way for an app to force itself into the foreground. Only the user is allowed to do this. As mentioned in your other thread, clicking on the notification toast is an appropriate way for the user to bring the app into the foreground.

I'm locking this post as a duplicate of that one.

--Rob

Saturday, August 4, 2012 5:32 AM