Changing TFS documents structure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to change my Document structure in TFS. But it affects the hyperlinks in workitems. How can I update hyperlinks in TFS workitems as per the sharepoint documents paths?

Thanks in advance.

Radhika

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi Radhika,

Thank you for your posst.

Seems you changed the document structure, so the document path in SharePoint portal is changed to. Now you want to update the hypelink(file path in SharePoint portal). If I have misunderstood anything, please free feel to let me know.

If work items are not too many, you can try to update the hypelink manually. Else, you need to write a TFS API to achieve that.

I hope this information will help resolve this issue.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 17, 2012 2:18 AM
  • Thanks for your immediate response Lily.

So, I need to create an API which takes old URL and  new URL as inputs mentioned in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsworkitemtracking/thread/05c26f67-6d24-42ce-9781-68a2ab14c30e . And I need to run this API for each old URL. Correct me if I am wrong.

Radhika

Monday, September 17, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Radhika,

Thank you for your posst.

Seems you changed the document structure, so the document path in SharePoint portal is changed to. Now you want to update the hypelink(file path in SharePoint portal). If I have misunderstood anything, please free feel to let me know.

If work items are not too many, you can try to update the hypelink manually. Else, you need to write a TFS API to achieve that.

I hope this information will help resolve this issue.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]

Monday, September 17, 2012 2:18 AM
  • Thanks for your immediate response Lily.

So, I need to create an API which takes old URL and  new URL as inputs mentioned in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsworkitemtracking/thread/05c26f67-6d24-42ce-9781-68a2ab14c30e . And I need to run this API for each old URL. Correct me if I am wrong.

Radhika

Monday, September 17, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Hi Radhika,

I'm afraid, yes. You need to run the API for eack old URL.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:05 AM