none
Known Issue – Windows Application Certification Kit crashes (Windows 10 1803 SDK (17134), April 2018 release.) RRS feed

• Question

• When running the Windows Application Certification Kit on my app, it is crashing.

The event log shows:

• <Data>Application: appcertui.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, ...

And when I open the ProgramInventory file (C:\users\<name>\appdata\local\Microsoft\appcertkit\ProgramInventory<GUID>.xml) in the Windows Application Certification Kit temp folder, I notice my package name has been changed.

Example:

• Expected: RootDirPath="c:\program files\windowsapps\username.appname_1.1.1.0_x64
    • Actual:     RootDirPath="c:\program files\windowsapps\xxxxname.appname_1.1.1.0_x64

Friday, August 17, 2018 9:18 PM

Answers

• Solution

The Windows App Certification Kit is masking the publisher name from the package name, and causing the tests to fail.

Simply change the package name to NOT include the user name prior to running WACK.

Steps:

1. Open your project in Visual Studio
    2. In the Solution Explorer, Right click on your Package.appxmanifest file
    3. Choose View Designer
    4. Choose the Packaging tab
    5. Change the Package name such that it no longer includes the user name.

Note: This is only an issue when run locally.    You may include your user name in the package name of your app when submitting to the store.

Friday, August 17, 2018 9:19 PM