with events required with sp1 RRS feed

• Question

• The following statement was rejected by the debugger with sp1.  Worked fine before I installed it.

Private Sub toolstripbutton2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles toollstripbutoon2_Click.Click

Why is that? And what would the with events statement look like?

dennist685
    Friday, April 6, 2007 12:19 PM

Answers

• It looks like you typed that in (Spelling doesn't look right)...what is the error?

What happens when you doubleclick the button in the designer? What code gets added? You shouldn't really need to type in the signatures of event handlers: they can be automatically be added.

Friday, April 6, 2007 3:33 PM

All replies

• It looks like you typed that in (Spelling doesn't look right)...what is the error?

What happens when you doubleclick the button in the designer? What code gets added? You shouldn't really need to type in the signatures of event handlers: they can be automatically be added.

Friday, April 6, 2007 3:33 PM
  • I;ll get back to you in a few hours.  Thanks for answering.

dennist685
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 7:00 AM
  • Just to let you know the ide put in that code itself; the need for a with events statement was a result of code it but it in response to my double clicking the control.  Note that in the form I was copying this from on another computer did not have a with events statement and no error.  The only difference I can find in sp1. 

dennist685
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 8:34 AM