The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
OneDrive auto login RRS feed

• Question

• I was attempting to setup something fairly simple.

1. User logs into desktop.

2. User's "My Documents" get moved to the cloud automatically.

This has turned out to be very difficult.

What happens, is either AAD Connect is broken, or OneDrive is Broken, or I haven't set it up right :)

I've checked, and the registry keys that are supposed to tell OneDrive to either do a silent Known Folder Move or prompted Known Folder Move are set. If the user logs in manually, the folders get automatically redirected.

We just don't want to rely on the user logging into the OneDrive icon in the task pane; it's not obvious that anyone needs to do that (unlike Teams that pops up incessantly).

I've been told that we need Azure Active Directory, but it may require the premium version. Another support thread from the OneDrive community ended up with "We don't know what level of AAD is needed; please post on MSDN".

For OneDrive silent 
    sign in feature, the requirement is that you need to make sure the 
    device has been joined to AAD. But for whether hybrid AAD join with SSO 
    is needing P1 license or not, we appreciate your understanding that we
     would like to suggest you confirm with Azure AD support team. Sorry for
     not be able to help you directly, but they can provide the professional
     help about this question. You can post the question in our

MSDN forum. There’s the AAD category there. 

So, does anyone know what level of Azure Active Directory is needed for OneDrive Known Folder Move?

== John ==

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:30 PM

All replies

• One Drive uses the same SSO to login and it has the silent login feature when the device is joined to Azure AD.

As for the Azure AD version, SSO is available on all editions of Azure AD. While in the Free and Basic editions, SSO configuration is limited to 10 applications across the tenant. While in the Premium editions, there is no limitation of applications that can be configured.

So if you have the Azure AD Free or Basic tiers, and you already have 10 applications configured other than OneDrive, then the SSO would not work for One Drive. If you upgrade to the Premium P1 or P2, then you have have the SSO Silent Login configured for as many applications you desire.

Ref: Azure AD Pricing Tiers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:52 AM