none
Open modeling project with visual studio 2015 Professional

Question

• Hello, Do you know a way to open modeling project (extension .modelproj) with visual studio 2015 Professional? Thanks in advance
    Friday, March 17, 2017 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Are you looking for Modeling SDK for VS2015? Please download and install it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48148

And I got this template in my VS 2015:

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, March 18, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Hi,<o:p></o:p>

- we installed Visual Studio 2015 SDK (we can saw it on Common Tools -> Visual Studio Extensibility
    Tools Update 3)

- we verified that “Modeling SDK for Microsoft  Visual Studio 2015” is installed (we can saw it on control panel - Programs-Programs and features)

- but we can't see project type “Modeling Projects” on VS2015 professional "new project" menu

Do we have to check/unable any other feature?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks and regards<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:33 PM
  • Hi friend,

I'm really sorry about that you are facing this issue.

I just found out that VS2015 professional edition does not support to create Modeling project, but it could readcode maps and DGML diagrams. 

Reference link: 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997431.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I just noticed this and I'm using Enterprise edition, that's why I could create modeling project in my end.

Sorry again if I gave any misleading information.

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:40 PM