Network setup for accessing Azure Postgres service from Azure Kubernetes cluster RRS feed

• Question

• We have an application that runs on an Ubuntu VM. This application connects to Azure Redis, Azure Postgres and Azure CosmosDB(mongoDB) services.

I am currently working on moving this application to Azure AKS and intend to access all the above services from the cluster.

I am trying to understand how the network/firewall of both the services and aks should be configured so that pods inside the cluster can access the above services or any Azure service in general.

I tried the following:

• Created a configMap containing the connection params(public ip/address, username/pwd, port, etc) of all the services and used this configMap in the deployment resource.
    • Hardcoded the connection params of all the services as env vars inside the container image
    • In the firewall/inbound rules of the services, I added the AKS API ip, individual node ips

None of the above worked. Did I miss anything? What else should be configured?

I tested the setup locally on minikube with all the services running on my local machine and it worked fine.

Sunday, July 15, 2018 6:24 PM

All replies