Can we listen to some of that O/R designer (Dbml designer) events in our addin/Package? RRS feed

• Question

• Can we listen to some of that O/R designer (Dbml designer) events in our addin/Package like, if you notice in the designer context menu we can see a add>> Class, Add>Association, Add>Inheritance. So i would like to listen to the events like when a new class/item is added, deleted and its properties are changed from properties window. Can we achieve this?
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:10 AM

Answers

• AFAIK, No. The O/R designer itself is an VSPackage which installed in the Visual Studio. I don' t find any specific API published to extend it.

The idea you may try to achieve this task is to monitor the assoicated files. Analysis the file change and raise some events for your addin/package. However, the performance is not good.

Yi

• Marked as answer by PhaniBitra Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:13 AM

All replies

• AFAIK, No. The O/R designer itself is an VSPackage which installed in the Visual Studio. I don' t find any specific API published to extend it.

The idea you may try to achieve this task is to monitor the assoicated files. Analysis the file change and raise some events for your addin/package. However, the performance is not good.

Yi

• Marked as answer by PhaniBitra Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:13 AM
  • Hi PhaniBitra,

Maybe you can try ProjectItemsEvents. These events will be called, when the files are added, removed and renamed.

More information you can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/envdte.projectitemsevents.aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:38 AM
  • Hi PhaniBitra,

Maybe you can try ProjectItemsEvents. These events will be called, when the files are added, removed and renamed.

More information you can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/envdte.projectitemsevents.aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

May not. OP is mentioned he is focus on the item in O/R designer, but not a file node in xplorer.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:57 AM