none
Application.SlideShowNextSlide Event (PowerPoint) RRS feed

• Question

• Application.SlideShowNextSlide Event (PowerPoint):
    Occurs immediately before the transition to the next slide.

After testing this appears to be incorrect. The event triggers at the end of the transition, which is no good for my requirements.

Is there currently anyway to detect the start of a transition?

Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:45 PM

All replies

• Hi DaveShep,

you had mentioned that,"After testing this appears to be incorrect. The event triggers at the end of the transition, which is no good for my requirements".

SlideShowNextSlide Event occurs immediately before the transition to the next slide. For the first slide, occurs immediately after the SlideShowBegin event.

I try to make a test on my side and below is the testing result.

code:

Class1:

Public WithEvents App As Application

Private Sub App_SlideShowNextSlide(ByVal Wn As SlideShowWindow)
     Dim Showpos As Integer

Showpos = Wn.View.CurrentShowPosition + 1
    MsgBox ("Next Slide Number is " & Showpos)

End Sub

Module1:

Dim X As New Class1
    Sub InitializeApp()
        Set X.App = Application
    End Sub

Output:

from testing above, it looks like it is working properly. you can provide your testing example. we will try to look in to it and mentioned your requirement that you want to achieve.

we will try to find the solution or a work around for it. if any available.

Reference:

Application.SlideShowNextSlide Event (PowerPoint)

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 2:01 AM
  • Your slide transitions have no duration. Try it again with say a fade transition of several seconds, then see when the event triggers.

Thanks for looking at this

Dave

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi DaveShep,

I again try to make a test with effects.

it looks like event get trigger when effect get over.

so it is like this is how powerpoint deal with the event when you use some effect.

if you want the event to execute before slide get load then I suggest you to remove the effects.

you can inform us what operation you want to done when next slide get load.

so that we can try to find any solution for it.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 9:36 AM
  • So is this a bug or is the documentation wrong?

If its a bug, how do I best report it. If the documentation is incorrect, how do I help improve the documentation?

I need to catch the start of the transition to the next slide. I cannot remove the transition. This is the only event that would have worked.

Friday, December 8, 2017 4:05 PM
  • Didn't get any traction in the General forum so I'm trying here:

Application.SlideShowNextSlide Event (PowerPoint)
    Occurs immediately before the transition to the next slide.

Unfortunately this event occurs at the end of the transition and not immediately before it. You can make a better use case for the original definition so I'm assuming its not a documentation error.

This is the right place to report bugs?

TIA

Dave

Sunday, December 10, 2017 2:18 PM
  • Hello Dave, 

Our forums are for development issues when using Office Object Model. We could help reproduce the issue you report here, however, to confirm if it is a bug, please contact Microsoft professional support, you won't be charged if the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug. As you have posted a thread for the same issue, i would merge the two threads. Thanks for your understanding. 

To create an incident, please take the following steps:
    1. Open https://support.microsoft.com/en-my 
    2. Get More support->Developers
    3. Developers->Visual Studio, Microsoft imagine, BizSpark and WebsiteSpark->Microsoft Technical Support
    4. Select Office Professional Plus 2016
    5. Select the third option I use it as an IT Professional, developer or Microsoft partner->Next
    6. Create an incident->PowerPoint -> Programming and Custom Solutions
    7. Start request
    Hope it will help.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 11, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi DaveShep,

you had asked,"So is this a bug or is the documentation wrong?"

As per my understanding, when you add transition in a slide.

the next_slide event will get executed after the transition get finished completely.

I believe that it is a execution sequence followed by Powerpoint.

so we cannot make any changes in that as it is by design.

I asked you before that what kind of operation you want to do in this event. but you did not provide any information about it.

if you provide some information then we can try to find work around for this issue.

currently we are not aware about your operation in this event.

it is better if you provide a information or a sample code , so that we can test the issue.

we will try to find a solution.

if you think that , this event / documentation needs to modify in future then kindly submit your feedback in user voice.

Welcome to PowerPoint's Suggestion Box!

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:12 AM