SQL Server Reporting Services is not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have installed  reporting server it was working fine. For moving the server i shutdown the server and once i restarted the server SQL Server Reporting Services is not started i tried manualy to start and also i increase ServicesPipeTimeout but i can't start the service at all same error am geting in Event viewer.

A timeout was reached (180000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) service to connect.

Event ID -7009                                Kindly please help me .. Really i am struggling with this                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

The SQL Server Reporting Services (MSSQLSERVER) service failed to start due to the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Event ID - 7000

Thursday, November 23, 2017 7:01 AM

All replies

• Check there sufficient resource available and  which account is there ?

Restart there deepened services and then try

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

Thursday, November 23, 2017 9:06 PM
  • Hi,

Did you increase the ServicePipeTimeout by the following steps?

• Open Reg Edit
    • Navigate to the following registry key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control”
    • Right-click Control, and create a new DWORD with the name “ServicesPipeTimeout”, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click “ServicesPipeTimeout”, and then click Modify.
    • Select Decimal, and type 60000 (this will allow the service 1 minute to start)
    • Restart Machine

Or you could try with disabling CRL checking within SSRS. See SQL Server Reporting Services Service Start Timeout

Regards,

Henry 

• Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:52 AM
    Friday, November 24, 2017 5:39 AM