Highlighting list item headers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I'm trying to achieve the following:
    When you click on a list item, you see all the headers on the left and the values inputted to those headers on the right.
    What I wish to do, is to simply bold or otherwise highlight some of the headers - not all.
    I could bold 'em all by modifying the css, but I wish to highlight only a couple of column headers.

Is this possible to achieve?

Thanks in advance.
    -Pekka Kinnunen
    Friday, April 17, 2009 7:14 AM

Answers

• Could you please clarify what you mean by "Headers" in this context? Are you referring to column headings/column names?

I'm assuming you want the following:

1) You have a List View displaying a list of items
    2) You click on a single item in the list
    3) It then brings up a display form for that item, showing the column name labels on the left, and the values for each column on the right.

If you want the bolding of your column name headings to be dynamic, have you looked into using a combination of a custom Display Form for your item with Conditional Formatting wrapped around your headings? If I understand what you're trying to do that's the approach I would take, similar to what Christian suggests.

Bob

Saturday, April 18, 2009 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi there Pekka, not to sure what you - is there some custom kind of solution, a listviewwebpart or a OTB list? If we talking LVWP, you have rich opportunities to modify things like you describe, can you tagging this headers with Bold or Not bold and from there set conditional formatting, like if header is bold.. then.. and so on?
    Join the community -- www.sharepointdesigners.net --
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:57 PM
  • Could you please clarify what you mean by "Headers" in this context? Are you referring to column headings/column names?

I'm assuming you want the following:

1) You have a List View displaying a list of items
    2) You click on a single item in the list
    3) It then brings up a display form for that item, showing the column name labels on the left, and the values for each column on the right.

If you want the bolding of your column name headings to be dynamic, have you looked into using a combination of a custom Display Form for your item with Conditional Formatting wrapped around your headings? If I understand what you're trying to do that's the approach I would take, similar to what Christian suggests.

Bob

Saturday, April 18, 2009 8:34 PM