none
Visual Studio 2015 Freeze

Question

• Hi everyone,

I am a C# developer. I used to use the Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 on my Windows 7 to code and design the webpage. However, it seems to me that the Visual Studio will freeze when I switch to design view. I did uninstall the Visual Studio and installed again. It works fine for a day and it goes back to "freeze mode" again.

Anyone who has the same experience? Please drop me a line.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:44 AM

Answers

• Hi BigHead87,

Visual Studio freeze can be caused by different reasons. Please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Run Visual Studio 2015 as Administrator (Right-Click the shortcut of Visual Studio -> Run as Administrator).
    2. Close all third part software when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus.
    3. Run Visual Studio 2015 Community in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    4. Uncheck "Automatically adjust visual experience based on client performance", "Enable rich client visual experience" and "Use hardware graphics acceleration if available" option in Tools -> Options -> Environment tab.
    5. Please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, December 18, 2015 2:33 AM