none
Creating password protected zip file as part of project build (VS 2015)

Question

• Hello all,

Working in Visual Studio 2015. I am looking for a way to add a build step to my project that will grab some files and put them in a password protected zip file. I have seen some examples using MSBuild.Community.Tasks but none have them creating a password protected zip file. Any help appreciated

AT

Monday, July 18, 2016 12:48 AM

Answers

• Hi AT,

In Visual Studio 2015, I don't find such configure settings for project build to create password protected zip file directly.

But in every project properties windows, I find there has pre-build event command line and post-build event command line. I think we can add the command in the post-build event command line, which will be executed after the build finished.

And following blog introduce how to use PowerShell function to create a password protected zip file. Please try implement this function in PowerShell and then call it in the post-build event command line.

http://blog.danskingdom.com/powershell-function-to-create-a-password-protected-zip-file/ 

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:29 AM