Azure Data Lake Dataset - Credential operation error: invalid_grant - AADSTS70002 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there - I am using Azure Data Factory's copy activity to copy data from Azure Storage to Azure Data Lake. And it was working fine.

Late last week, I started getting the following error:

Credential operation error: invalid_grant - AADSTS70002: Error validating credentials. AADSTS70008: The provided access grant is expired or revoked.

However I have read, write and execute access to the Data Lake Store.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 5:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Nikil,

It should be caused by the expiration of the authorization property. Please re-authorize your Data Lake Store linked service to resolve this failure.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Nikil,

It should be caused by the expiration of the authorization property. Please re-authorize your Data Lake Store linked service to resolve this failure.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:30 AM
  • Thanks re-authorizing the Data Lake Store linked service worked.

I did not find an option to set up expiration duration. Is there a way to set it up to never expire ?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 5:28 PM
  • Currently the authentication of Data Lake Store goes through Azure AD, and the expiration duration is decided by Azure AD. As far as I know, the duration is not configurable. We are contacting Azure AD team for more knowledge about that.

On the other hand, we are also investigating whether there is other authentication experience which could provide much longer expiration duration.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 2:20 AM
  • Thanks for the update
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:33 PM