IIS Express Issue? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1402466762 posted

I am working in a visual studio premium 2013 solution that has a web project and class library. The web project is called UI and the class library project is called AppService. We are using ServiceStack and AngularJS. The UI project is calling the AppService project via AngularJS controller. The class library is a pass through which calls APIs for data.

The web project was created as an empty web project that another team member created. Items were added as needed. It is set up to use IIS Express. The web project is defined to use port 30000 so that the URL is http://localhost:30000/. When I try running the application using port 30000 I am not getting data back; heck, when I am in debug mode I am not stepping into the AppService project. I am the only person on the team experiencing this problem. There are four other developers on the team.

In the UI project we have a Global.asax file. In the Application_Start property we are setting a new instance of the AppServiceAppHost object. We are able to step into this method when debugging.

The crux of the problem is that when I change the port number to something other than 30000 (e.g. 30001, 30002) everything works. We are getting data; we step into the AppService project when debugging.

When I am using port 30000, I am seeing in the IIS express logs the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" with the stack trace pointing to ServiceStack.HttpHandlerFactory..ctor().

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:32 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI geraldbauer,

I am the only person on the team experiencing this problem. There are four other developers on the team.

Here are a few suggestions that might help:

•Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 

•Closing Older IIS Instances - Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.

•Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)

•Proper Project Targeting - If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected)

Please let me know if there is still has same issue.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, February 7, 2015 6:56 AM