one transaction for more databases RRS feed

• Question

• User1049072584 posted

Hi,

Can I have one transaction for more databases? Is it possible? How I do it in C#?

Thanks a lot

Friday, February 6, 2009 8:19 AM

Answers

• User-1199946673 posted

Yes... it is possible. This can be achieved using TransactionScope object in C#.

As I remembered, TransactionScope can NOT be used with JET

If you have mulitple Access (Jet) databases, you could try to use only 1 (or create a new one), and link all tables of the other database(s) into this one. As a result, you could access all tables in multiple databases using 1 connection only, and you can use the OleDbTransaction object

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 9:33 AM

All replies

• User-1085149042 posted

Yes... it is possible. This can be achieved using TransactionScope object in C#.

Friday, February 6, 2009 8:32 AM
  • User1049072584 posted

thanks

I'm trying it now.

Friday, February 6, 2009 8:47 AM
  • User1024576976 posted

You can have transaction objects for different database.

Place each transaction object in transaction array and when you completed your required transaction then fetch each transaction object and call commit.

Thanks

Friday, February 6, 2009 8:59 AM
  • User-1199946673 posted

If you have mulitple Access (Jet) databases, you could try to use only 1 (or create a new one), and link all tables of the other database(s) into this one. As a result, you could access all tables in multiple databases using 1 connection only, and you can use the OleDbTransaction object

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
  • User-1199946673 posted