Small Basic Browser with LitDev extention RRS feed

All replies

• This is the fault of the extension.  Probably because both SmallBasic and IE are using the same underlying methods (both MS technology) and therefore sharing history in some way.  Its a feature not a bug!
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 9:27 PM
  • This is the fault of the extension.  Probably because both SmallBasic and IE are using the same underlying methods (both MS technology) and therefore sharing history in some way.  Its a feature not a bug!

Nice Web Browser, martmen! Litdev, this feature is because of the System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser control is actually just a wrapper of Internet Explorer!

BTW Litdev, I can never access your hostoi site, so I am curious: how did you implement the WebBrowser? At least in Windows Forms, all Web Browsers must live on an STA (serial threaded apartment) UI thread (which SB programs are not), so I created a new thread with the STA attribute when the form was initialized and passed it all the web browser controls to add to the form... which means that I had to allow cross-threaded forms calls, which is not a great design. I am curious to know how you got around that problem.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Friday, January 4, 2013 5:27 AM
    Answerer
  • All source is uploaded with each mod as usual - I have no problem accessing my site or downloading dlls or source from home or work - http://litdev.hostoi.com.  The webhost is sometimes down, but not often.

To work in the GraphicsWindow (FrameworkElement), I am using System.Windows.Controls.WebBrowser.

Others seem to have accessed it recently (so must you to see Matrin's Browser app?), but if you still can't I can upload it somewhere else on request - SkyDrive, but won't maintain uploads there.

Friday, January 4, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Hello martmen ;

I would like to look at your Browser source code .

I would like to make a Web Browser , see here : 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3e66493-bd40-4cb3-80f8-876dd9883bc9/find-a-basic-smallbasic-web-browser-example-code?forum=smallbasic

Thanks for your help !

"All things in moderation, except for love and forgiveness."...vm

Friday, July 31, 2020 12:22 AM
    So, it means your computer must have Internet Explorer, or Small Basic Browser almost can't work. I have uninstall my IE, so, unfortunately, I can't test it now;-)
    Friday, July 31, 2020 1:07 AM
  • This topic is more than 7 years old. I don't think the original posters are active on the forum anymore.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Friday, July 31, 2020 9:05 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks ;

I'll check back later  :)

"All things in moderation, except for love and forgiveness."...vm

Friday, July 31, 2020 2:16 PM
  • No avatars or image data appear.

This is the same appearance as when using the installed Explorer 11.
    When I use MS Edge everything is displayed correctly.
    Does the extension always use MS Explorer or can MS Edge be activated.
    Is the security setting too strong?

Sunday, August 2, 2020 12:27 PM