2 Exchange Organizations in the same Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

In a network with one Domain in MS Srv. 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP2, it’s possible to set an other one exchange organization separately to the same Domain but different server? Can the 2 Exchange Org. to exist in the same domain and to choose from which AD which mail format every user will have?  I’ll be glad if someone can help me to this….

Monday, July 27, 2009 8:37 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply,

I found the answer, multiple organizations are not supported because of Exchange 2003 integration with Windows 2003 Active Directory. There is only one Exchange organization allowed per Active Directory forest. During setup, there is no option to create a new organization for the second Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server computer installed into a Microsoft Windows 2003 forest. It can only join the existing organization that was configured during the installation of the first Exchange 2003 Server computer.

Regards

CF

• Marked as answer by Catastrophic Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:45 AM

All replies

• Though this not a ILM-related question:

Maybe I misunderstood your question, but...
    an Active Directory forest can contain exactly one Exchange Organization. You cannot set up different Exchange Orgs in separate domains of one Active Directory forest. If your requirements are more than one Exhange Org. you have to deploy multiple Active forests.

Can you clarify what you mean with "...same domain and to choose from which AD which mail format every user will have..."

By the way, if your question is exclusivly focused on AD / Exchange I recommend choosing a different forum. 

/Hope this helps Matthias

• Proposed as answer by MatthiasHeil Monday, August 17, 2009 7:48 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 9:41 AM
  • Thank you for your reply,

I found the answer, multiple organizations are not supported because of Exchange 2003 integration with Windows 2003 Active Directory. There is only one Exchange organization allowed per Active Directory forest. During setup, there is no option to create a new organization for the second Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server computer installed into a Microsoft Windows 2003 forest. It can only join the existing organization that was configured during the installation of the first Exchange 2003 Server computer.

Regards

CF

• Marked as answer by Catastrophic Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:45 AM