none
Outlook User properties error while send RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am programatically sending a meeting request/appointmet item. I need to store some values. For that I have used appoinment item.userproperties. I have assigned key/value pairs. After clicking send I am getting the error "you do not have sufficient permissions to perform these operations".

Can you please tell if this error because of user properties. Or any one can suggest some alternative properties for storing appoinment item specific data.

_________________________________________________ Suneel Kumar Vanapalli

Monday, August 13, 2012 5:59 PM

Answers

• locally meaning on a single mailbox. If you want to send user properties with meeting request and recieve them back (this is importnant!) when user accepts meeting, you better control (by ahving your add-in also on that other outlook) both sides, otherwise do not expect them to be always sent back. As Dmitry said - show us relevant code, user properties are rather not th culprit of your problems.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:12 AM

All replies

• i do not think this is about user properties - are you sending appointment on behalf of someone else? as for user properties - they are ok as long as you need those properties locally. if you expect them on the recieveing end of meeting request you better make surre this is inside the same organization (one exchange) and useTnef is set.
    Monday, August 13, 2012 6:13 PM
  • What is your code? When are the user properties added?

Also note that when sending an appointment, the appointment itself is never sent - Outlook creates a new meeetign request objects, copies soem (but not all) properties and sends it.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.3 is now available!

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:02 PM
  • User Properties are added in the appointment item open and Send events.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:23 AM
  • No i am not sending behalf of anyone. what you mean by locally. my Intention was to add user properties while sending and getting them when the recipient accepts  the meeting request.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:24 AM
  • locally meaning on a single mailbox. If you want to send user properties with meeting request and recieve them back (this is importnant!) when user accepts meeting, you better control (by ahving your add-in also on that other outlook) both sides, otherwise do not expect them to be always sent back. As Dmitry said - show us relevant code, user properties are rather not th culprit of your problems.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:12 AM