which diagrams fit to webform project ? RRS feed

• Question

• User2045233432 posted

Hi

I have done asp.net webform website, my question is what are the diagrams that suitable to my project ?

class diagram I cannot because my project is only pages (aspx and aspx.cs)

what about doing the rest of diagrams ?

use case diagram ?

design sequence diagram ?

activity diagram ?

I want an expert to tell me the suitbale diagrams for my project

Thanks 

Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:21 PM

Answers

• User-1611549905 posted

I find UML diagrams tend to work best for brainstorming and/or planning (pen and paper or a whiteboard) or for documentation (blog posts, tutorials etc).

I personally tend to make little use of the diagramming tools in Visual Studio these days for a variety of reasons -- mainly because they don't seem to have much to offer for agile teams which work on the basis of short iterations, user stories, and favouring working software over comprehensive documentation. They seem to me to be more widely used in teams that favour a waterfall/Big Design Up Front approach.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:45 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

I recommend you spend some time researching and learning what the diagrams are for, then you will be able to establish whether they are useful to you.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:48 PM
  • User-1611549905 posted

I find UML diagrams tend to work best for brainstorming and/or planning (pen and paper or a whiteboard) or for documentation (blog posts, tutorials etc).

I personally tend to make little use of the diagramming tools in Visual Studio these days for a variety of reasons -- mainly because they don't seem to have much to offer for agile teams which work on the basis of short iterations, user stories, and favouring working software over comprehensive documentation. They seem to me to be more widely used in teams that favour a waterfall/Big Design Up Front approach.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:45 PM