none
Sending proper Id's in a transaction. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have a request response port where i receive 270 request from all trading partners.  I will generate the 271 for these requests by swaping the sender and receiver from the request to generate a EDI file and send the response back in the same session.  All this is happening in Biztalk server 2004 and assigning the ID is possible here.

Does anybody know how to do the same translation in Biztalk 2006 R2.  I know in the R2 version the files generated are not having a proper ISA, GS values specific to a specific trading partner.  How could i achieve this functionality without creating any additional ports or changing the way the request response is handled?.  Would appreciate any quick solution for this.

Thanks.

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:22 PM

Answers

• I think you can set the ISA05,06,07,08 inside the orchestration expression shape for your outbound meesage. All these properties are promoted in R2. You can assign the ISA05 for your outbound message like below:

Send271Message(EDI.ISA05) = "Trade partner";

Make sure you configure all parties.

Read this link in the MSDN, it explains how it resolves the parties for outbound message - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb259945.aspx

I have not done this but i beleive it will resolve your problem. let me know whether it worked for you..

Cheers,

Devaraj 

Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:48 AM

All replies

• I think you can set the ISA05,06,07,08 inside the orchestration expression shape for your outbound meesage. All these properties are promoted in R2. You can assign the ISA05 for your outbound message like below:

Send271Message(EDI.ISA05) = "Trade partner";

Make sure you configure all parties.

Read this link in the MSDN, it explains how it resolves the parties for outbound message - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb259945.aspx

I have not done this but i beleive it will resolve your problem. let me know whether it worked for you..

Cheers,

Devaraj 

Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:48 AM
  •  Hi,

I updated the property in the orchestration, now everything is up and running as expected.  Thanks for your response on this.

Thanks

Monday, September 22, 2008 6:58 PM