none
AS2-----EDI Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys!

Could you please help on this ?

The client is sending different EDI docs to me on the same URL at different time..

I have to send MDN and 997 back to them ...What do you think i should do in this regard to retrieve all the docs

and auto send 997 from biztalk ...

How do I differentiate between different docs ....If I dont use AS2/EDI then 997 cannot be generated but if I am using it then how to send 997 automatically ..

How will I do EDI translation for different docs ....in the same party property because on the Receive side ST1 has to be specified which could be only one value at a time ....like 855 or 810 ...etc ...

I am confused here as to the when the receiver side and sender side property get activated .....

Please tell me how to configure my system so i will receive different EDI docs successfully over the same URL .....

Thanks ....

Friday, April 30, 2010 4:23 PM

Answers

• Alana,

Much of what you are asking for is handled with two trading partner definitions (one for you and one for your trading partner), one receive port and one send port. The receive port "represents" you and the send port "represents" your trading partner. Messages coming to the receive port (from any number of trading partners) are processed into the message box based on the trading partner profiles. The MDN and 997s are automatically generated based on the trading partner configurations AS2 Properties and EDI Properties, respectively, and are routed to the appropriate trading partner send port.

Within the receive port, the EDI receive pipeline automatically differentiates between 855, 810, etc. and assembles it into XML based on the settings in your trading partner's EDI profile, under the X12 Properties, Party as Interchange Receiver settings. Here you will setup each document type you expect from the trading partner. Translation from the XML 855, 810, etc into an internal document format is handled by the map, either on a port or in an orchestration.

It seems a little backward, but when you receive an EDI, BizTalk looks at the sender's EDI profile and checks the Party as an Interchange Receiver settings to determine how to generate the 997 acknowledgment. It does a similar process with the AS2 settings. There are several walk-throughs at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226317(BTS.20).aspx that show the steps for setting it up. 

If your company is setting up BizTalk EDIINT for the first time, I am available if you want to bring someone in to guide you through the process.

• Proposed as answer by R Sid Friday, April 30, 2010 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_ZhuModerator Monday, May 10, 2010 12:12 AM
    • Edited by R Sid Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:46 PM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 5:46 PM

All replies

• Alana,

Much of what you are asking for is handled with two trading partner definitions (one for you and one for your trading partner), one receive port and one send port. The receive port "represents" you and the send port "represents" your trading partner. Messages coming to the receive port (from any number of trading partners) are processed into the message box based on the trading partner profiles. The MDN and 997s are automatically generated based on the trading partner configurations AS2 Properties and EDI Properties, respectively, and are routed to the appropriate trading partner send port.

Within the receive port, the EDI receive pipeline automatically differentiates between 855, 810, etc. and assembles it into XML based on the settings in your trading partner's EDI profile, under the X12 Properties, Party as Interchange Receiver settings. Here you will setup each document type you expect from the trading partner. Translation from the XML 855, 810, etc into an internal document format is handled by the map, either on a port or in an orchestration.

It seems a little backward, but when you receive an EDI, BizTalk looks at the sender's EDI profile and checks the Party as an Interchange Receiver settings to determine how to generate the 997 acknowledgment. It does a similar process with the AS2 settings. There are several walk-throughs at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226317(BTS.20).aspx that show the steps for setting it up. 

If your company is setting up BizTalk EDIINT for the first time, I am available if you want to bring someone in to guide you through the process.

• Proposed as answer by R Sid Friday, April 30, 2010 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_ZhuModerator Monday, May 10, 2010 12:12 AM
    • Edited by R Sid Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:46 PM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 5:46 PM
  •  

So I am able to do most of the part but when it comes to receiving different docs  over the same URL how will I differentiate it at my end ....In the interchange receiver settings I have only one default option to set ST01 ...in the GS and ST settings ...

Thanks....

Friday, April 30, 2010 6:34 PM
  • You add a row for each doc type. The default is used when the document received is not found in the table.
    • Edited by R Sid Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:47 PM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 7:00 PM
  • Thanks Sid .....
    Friday, April 30, 2010 7:49 PM