locked
Problem Creating new Solution from existing Dynamic Data Website Solution - Help Please RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-1062287575 posted

     Please Disregard - I've Found The Problem

     I'm trying to create a new seperate project/solution in VS2008 from one that I had originally created with the Dynamic Data Website Wizard.  I have copied the original folder that contains the website and all of the DynamicData folders to a new folder and created a new project in VS2008 instructing it to use the existing code.

     When I try to run the new web site from the VS2008 IDE with the development web server I get an HTTP 404 'Resource not found' error as soon as I try to navigate to one of the table list custom pages.  It appears that URL Routing has stopped working.  The code builds just fine and I don't get any errors until I get the HTTP 404 when I try to navigate.

    What am I doing wrong.  What should I do to create a new project in VS2008 from one that I had originally created with the Dynamic Data Website Wizard.

     Any help will be greatly appreciated.

     Thanks,

     Dave

    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:09 PM

Answers

  • User-1062287575 posted

    Thanks a bunch...  I found the problem.

    Apparently the routing engine doesn't like having a root folder with a name like 'Oz.Web'. Or maybe it was the development web server itself.

    Anyhoo when I moved everything to a folder named 'OzWeb' and recreated the solution everything worked fine.

    Thanks again...

    Dave

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:59 PM

All replies

  • User-797310475 posted

    Make sure that the routes are set up correctly in Global.asax. Also, ensure that the project's web.config has the System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule registered.

    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:49 PM
  • User-1062287575 posted

    Thanks a bunch...  I found the problem.

    Apparently the routing engine doesn't like having a root folder with a name like 'Oz.Web'. Or maybe it was the development web server itself.

    Anyhoo when I moved everything to a folder named 'OzWeb' and recreated the solution everything worked fine.

    Thanks again...

    Dave

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:59 PM