can't open excel file in sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i wanted to open the excel file in sharepoint 2013 in online but

The following error occurs:

server error in x application sharepoint

runtime error.......

I tested with Word files and it seems to work normally.What could be the problem?

ple help me

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:21 PM

All replies

• This occurs due to the public key which connects to the WOPI application such as Office Web Apps Server to the SharePoint farm goes out of sync! To resolve the issue, Run from any SharePoint Server:  

Get-SPWOPIZone

Update-SPWOPIProofKey

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, February 27, 2020 2:20 AM
  • Hi Leili,

This occurs due to the public key which connects to the WOPI application such as Office Web Apps Server to the SharePoint farm goes out of sync.

Run PowerShell above provided by Sharath and do IISRESET to compare the result.

If the issue still exists, please check Event logs to find any clues.

Here are some helpful blogs for your reference:

Server Error in '/x' Application - Excel Web App Error - Solution

What to do if Office Web Apps (OWA) Stops Working in SharePoint

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:01 AM
  • hi

i run these commands

but shows error that the command is not recognized as an internal or external command

and also i checked the logs file ..there are no logs there ....i enable the logs from CA sharepoint 2013

my command format :

Update-SPWOPIProofKey -ServerName "..."

plas hel me

Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:54 AM
  • Hi Leili,

Whether you run this command in SharePoint 2013 management Shell as administration?

Here is my test for your reference:

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, February 28, 2020 8:21 AM
  • hi

i run the command and do IIS restart

but my problem not solved

pls help me

what should i do?

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 6:26 AM
  • Hi Leili,

Whether all users occur the issue? Please use another account and check the result.

Here is a similar issue about user sync result in the error for your reference:

Server Error in '/x' Application Excel web App

Best regards,

Julie

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:11 AM
  • Unable To Open Excel Documents In Sharepoint
    1. Navigate to the Library.
    2. On the top click on Library and go to Library settings.
    3. Under General Settings, locate Advanced settings.
    4. Locate the option which by default is set to 'Open in Browser'.
    5. Set to Open in Client.
    6. Click OK.
    • Proposed as answer by Charles-L Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:20 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:20 AM
  • hi

I did all the things you said above

but the problem not solved

my share point site only don't open the excel file and show the error : server error in /x/ application

pls help me

Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:02 AM