none
About the content for property PR_IDENTITY_ENTRYID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know the data type for this property PR_IDENTITY_ENTYRID is PT_BINARY, but I want to know the value meaning in this property, I can see the value was orgainized by 7 parts as below sample data showed:

abFlags[0]: 00
    abFlags[1]: 00
    abFlags[2]: 00
    abFlags[3]: 00
    muid: MUIDEMSAB
    ulVersion: 0x00000001
    ulType: 0x00000000 (DT_MAILUSER)
    szAddr: /o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=c0f0a9a10e434bf9b086c410128dbdb5-euser

specially, whether the last item listed above is the mailbox server DN? Thanks!

Best Regards, Emily

Friday, October 23, 2015 3:28 AM

Answers

• Hello Emily,

This is an Exchange type address. Microsoft Exchange Server can operate with email address types such as Exchange, SMTP, X.400, Microsoft Mail, etc. By default, you may see the following format of addresses:

/O=ORGANIZATION_NAME /OU=EXCHANGE_GROUP /CN=RECIPIENTS /CN=USER_NAME

To get other address types, you need to find the recipient in the Outlook address book by using the IAddrBook.ResolveName method, then reach the IMailUser interface with the IAddrBook.OpenEntry method and get the PR_EMS_AB_PROXY_ADDRESSES property.

The Outlook object model provides the PrimarySmtpAddress property of the ExchangeUser class which returns a string representing the primary Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address for the ExchangeUser. 

Friday, October 23, 2015 10:24 AM